This article is for our readers who are looking to purchase an American-made spatula. We will help you find the best spatula that meets your needs and is still made in America.
A spatula is a cooking utensil that can be used to stir, flip or serve food items. It has a flat, slotted blade that is used for scraping the edges of bowls and stirring ingredients to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of a pan. In North America, one would buy a spatula made in America as it is usually cheaper and better quality.
In addition, because these companies are closer to home they are more accessible for those who want to find out more about their product.
There are plenty of reasons why people would want to buy an American-made spatula, but it may be difficult to find one. Here at Retro Kitchen Tools, we have selected some of the best brands in the industry and the ones that offer the features you’re looking for including size, shape, or material.
|HIC Kitchen Dexter-Russell Mini Turner||Check Price|
|PIKANTY Spatula Turner Set of 2 for Cooking.||Check Price|
The best American made spatulas reviews
A spatula is one of the most commonly used cooking utensils in the kitchen. This utensil is used for stirring, mixing and scraping food items. They can also be called as a pancake turner or a pancake flipper. The word “spatula” originates from the Latin word “spatulare”, which means “to scrape”. The spatula has been around for hundreds of years and was originally made out of wood or metal before it became popular to use silicon as its material.
Spatula is made in the US of 100% renewable materials. It is dishwasher safe, heat resistant up to 400°F, and has a 5-year warranty. This tool is great for cooking eggs, sautéing vegetables, flipping all sorts of foods in a hot pan, and scraping up food from surfaces.
If you are looking for a new spatula, it is crucial to know the different types of materials and their uses.
- Stainless steel: This material is durable and easy to clean and because it does not come in contact with food, it won’t absorb flavors or odors.
- Silicone: Silicone spatulas are best used on non-stick cookware, but they can also be used at high heat because silicone does not melt or burn.
- Wooden/bamboo: Wooden spatulas are good for cooking over an open flame. But keep in mind that they will burn if left too close to the heat source.
- Plastic: Plastic spatulas are not recommended for use on non-stick cookware because they can cause scratches in the coating.
How to choose the best spatula based on your cooking needs
The best spatula should have the following features:
- Material: A good spatula should be made of a material that can withstand high temperatures. This is important because you will need to flip your food with it and the process is a bit rough on the utensils. There are different types of materials used to make kitchenware, but metal is one of the most common since it is durable and does not scratch easily.
- Size: The size of your spatula should depend on what you plan on cooking with it. If you are only cooking small foods then a small, thin spatula will work just fine. However, if you are cooking larger foods then a large, wide spatula is necessary.
- Surface area: The surface area refers to how much surface area your spat needs.
Types of spatulas and which one is ideal for you
Spatulas come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and materials. There are a few different types of spatulas that you should know about so you can figure out which one is best for you. The first type of spatula is the rubber spatula. The rubber spatula is typically used for scraping bowls and mixing batters as it gets into tight spaces and won’t scratch any non-stick surfaces. This type of spatula usually comes with a flexible blade on one side and a rubber or silicone on the other side.
The second type of spatula is the metal or turner spatula. This type is most often used for flipping food like pancakes and sausages as it will not scratch pans like the rubber one does. These types typically have a metal blade.
The importance of using a plastic or silicone spatula
There really is nothing wrong with using a plastic or silicone spatula when scraping your bowls or pans, but it is not very environmentally friendly. Paper can be more expensive, and the use of any disposable material is never good for the environment. So what can you do? Here are some eco-friendly alternatives to paper towels and plastic spatulas that you might want to try.
What makes a great kitchen utensil – durability & versatility
A great kitchen utensil needs to be durable and versatile. If the utensil is not durable, it will break easily and you will need to replace it often. Versatility is important for a utensil because you want to be able to use it in multiple ways when cooking.
A kitchen utensil should be lightweight and easy to use. It does not need to be expensive, however, it needs to be durable and versatile. A good kitchen utensil should be able to perform more than one function, such as a spatula which can flip an egg or grill a burger.